Sunday, September 6, 2009

Made it to the Asian Continent!

Deciding to go to Mongolia and Bali in the same trip is sort of like deciding to go to LA and New York because you’re going to be in the US.  They aren’t exactly close to each other.  However, I have never been known to do things the easy way.  Plus, I had enough miles to get me round trip to Asia in business class which made my route of travel even more suspect. Therefore, here I sit in the Hong Kong airport, wishing I had enough time to explore the city becuase the little that I see out the window is really pretty.  I actually managed to get some sleep on the plane so I am feeling somewhat rested and ready to continue on to Seoul and then finally tonight I will arrive in UlaanBataar, Mongolia where I will be met at the airport by the Mongolian physician who is to serve as my translator for the week.  Apparently, we are then going out to dinner.  All said and done I am hopeful that I will be able to sleep once I finally get there despite the 15 hour time change that has my days and nights swapped and threatens to send my body into a severe state of confusion.

No comments: